Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Friday, December 3, 2010

the final lap

Oh, how lazy I've gotten.  Scarce posts, iphone photos...I had such ambitions for a photo a day.  It was meant to spurn on my creativity, but I have to admit it had the opposite effect - I started looking for shortcuts, lost steam, found that I was becoming pretty repetitive.  I do think it helped me to be better at recording the daily lives of our family, but I don't know that it's done much of anything for my photography (besides make me want to shoot exclusively with a phone).  So maybe that's the key...photos of my family don't have to be taken on my "nice" camera.  It's ok to rely on other professional photographers to capture the "real portraits" while I just snap a quick photo on my phone.  And maybe I don't need to keep up with a separate blog (I can hear my husband's sigh of relief right now).

Maybe I just need to simplify...
record more "real" and less "perfect"
not worry about what does or doesn't make the blog

not worry about separating my "photo blog" and "personal blog" - maybe I just need ONE that records me...photography, kids, sewing, whatever is going on in my life at the moment (I think I need to finish Everyday Work of Art)


I saw a few inspiring ideas on blogs this month...a one word project from Shutter Sisters (focus) and a post titled "Happy December" with a collage of photos (from various people) showing winter...As much as I like the idea of ending the blog strong with a photo every day the rest of the year, taken from my "real" camera, I think I'll simplify.  One last project, compilation of photos I take the rest of the month, to be displayed at the end.  A farewell of sorts.  I've liked the journey, and what it's taught me.  If nothing else, to worry more about being in the moment, and less about recording it.  Blasphemy as a photographer, I know. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment