Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Friday, September 17, 2010

30 days of gratitude

I wrote on my photo blog this week about an article on creative mama - she's doing a 365 "gratitude" project.  Now, before someone committs me for adding one more photo project to my plate - I'm not.  But I am in a bit of a slump here on my 365 blog (if you haven't noticed, or if you're just being polite and don't want to admit you've given up), and liked the idea of a project to do...so I thought I'd do 30 days of gratitude.  And use my fun new iphone to mix it up a little.  ;)

Day One:  Time

A dear friend from church just discovered that she has only a few months left here on this earth.  I can only imagine how grateful she is for the time she's had to raise two daughters, see grandchildren born, and now she's circling her wagons to spend her small amount of time with those she loves the most.  And I think sometimes it takes something drastic like this to remind me how precious every moment is.  It seems like my babies are growing up so quickly, and in the midst of laundry, diapers and picking up toys, am I grateful for each and every second that I'm here?  That I get to hold my husband's hand, have dinner with a friend, and kiss my two-year-old's owies?  Today I am.

5 comments:

sherri said...

Oh no! :( That's very very sad. I'm so sorry! Thank you for the reminder. And i never give up on your blog. I visit all the time. :)

Ellen said...

You're so sweet and faithful! :)

sherri said...

Miss you! :(

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of this and using a phone, I need to get one that takes photos!

Ellen said...

Shannon, I just got one with a camera, and one that allows me to change my ringtones - ha!

Post a Comment