Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Monday, September 20, 2010

grateful for where I am in my life...

My hubby and I went to a charity event this weekend.  We got to dress up, drink champagne, go to this amazing house villa in the north valley, and drool over the incredible cars at the car show there.  We're talking seriously nice cars.  As we were leaving, waiting in the valet line, the guy ahead of us having just pulled away in his porsche, we were laughing as our mini van was driven up.  We dusted off the Cheerio crumbs from the seats, climbed in, and were on our way.

And today, as I saw this photo from my iphone (I love taking photos with my phone - it's so easy!), I realized that there will be a time in my life when I don't drive a mini van, when Cherrios aren't always part of our car's upholstery, when I won't live in a constant stream of laundry, have a playroom instead of a dining room, a floor that's rarely vacuumed, toys as our main decorative theme, and a house where we're bursting at the seams.  But I don't long for those days.  I wouldn't trade any of those things for a beautiful car, huge house, or valet parking right now.  I'm so grateful for exactly where I am in my life.  Although I could use the maid. ;)

2 comments:

sherri said...

I ♥ my minivan, too. And the stuck on raisins, and cheerios, and the spilled Powerade from last week's soccer game. And the trash in the side arm rest of the back back seat even though I told Ainsley to clean it up...and the...

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful words! I agree one day I won't be running from a to b and wonder where the time went.

Post a Comment