Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Galloping Grace Youth Ranch

I'm always amazed how many hidden jewels there are in Albuquerque.  We just stumbled on this - Galloping Grace Youth Ranch.  It's run by an aquaintance of Walt's from high school, and they offer FREE horseback riding to kids in Albuquerque - it's completely run on donations and by volunteers.  We started with some chores (shoveling manure out of the horse trailer - makes loading the dishwasher seem much more managable), and then each of the kids got to ride a few times around the horse arena.  Even the two-year-old did it (with an adult on either side of her, of course).

And a couple more photos (as requested).  Oh, and the kid in the middle isn't ours, but he and his mom were helping with the chores and they took a break to watch the horses...


5 comments:

carmacarmeleon said...

That's really cool! More pictures?!

thetoddlerwhisperer said...

awesome!! i will have to look them up!

The Wades said...

Love this! What a great photographer you are!

Shannon said...

What a great idea - and a great image too!

Ellen said...

Thanks! We're looking forward to going back in July! :)

Post a Comment