Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

create

I read a great book last week, The Creative Family, by Amanda Blake Soule (of Soule Mama blog fame). I have to admit that some of it was a bit too hippy for me (I probably won't be sewing my own sanitary pads in the near future), but I loved most of it.  I admit that I get too focused on the mess, or on other things in life and forget to just let my kids create.  Ridiculous since I love being creative myself, and since they do.  Lately they've been wanting to do watercolors.  A lot.  So we've been taking them outside on large pieces of butcher paper and just going for it...it's so simple, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment