Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Monday, August 16, 2010

first day of preschool

I know, I'm so behind on blogging it's ridiculous.  I'm mostly behind on editing and posting, not actually taking photos.  I think.  So I'll start today and work my way backwards. 


Today...the oldest went back to preschool.  Such a bag of mixed emotions.  I still want to cry as I drop him off, this big boy who is going to have lunch without me.  And then I go home and enjoy that the baby can actually nap, and the two-year-old has some individual mommy-time, and I'm grateful.  And then I miss him, and the two-year-old tells me she misses him, so we pile in the car and we pick him up, and I'm ready for him to be home. 

And I look at him and think, "how has a year passed so quickly, and how did he get so grown-up?!?"

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm going to miss seeing that wonderful smile and how he is happy all the time. I'm glad you can walk by my room and stop so I can get a hug.

Debbie said...

Enjoy the special time with your little ones, you are right that is a treasure too!

Shannon said...

Love this -- it's so bittersweet that first day. Kate starts her's in a month, not sure I am really ready for it. I am behind to in my editing, blogging and other things. I hope you don't mind that I start commenting again with this post!

Ellen said...

I'm glad you did Shannon, thank you! :) Debbie, he loves getting to see you every day - he asks me every morning, "Are we going to see Miss Debbie?" And Alana is really enjoying being the oldest a few mornings a week. ;)

sherri said...

Oh gosh, Ellen. I know how you feel. K is going to go to preschool, and I'm excited and sad at the very same time. *sigh* Missing you!

Post a Comment