Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

button

Yep, I sorta took the week off posting.  But here's my creative exercise post...I chose a button (maybe because I have a long list of sewing projects I haven't been able to get to?)

top row (left to right):  negative space, foreground interest (sort-of?)
bottom row (left to right): light, framing, foreground

I didn't do any artificial lighting, but the use of shadows was a little different for me - I guess I never realized that I tend to use a lot of front/flat lighting.  I need to do more with shadows to add some dimension...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ellen,

I've been "lurking" in the background for a few months now and thought I'd drop a comment...

I enjoy your style of photography and love all the family photos. We've got our first one on the way (it's a boy!) so I'm already looking for creative family shots, etc...

You mentioned recently about attending a workshop and just wanted to invite you to participate in a workshop that I'm helping with in August.

If you're interested you can check out details here: http://www.alaskaphotoworkshops.com/.

You can also see my own work here: http://www.mytoesarecold.com/.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Blessings,
Jason Weed

Ellen said...

Thanks, Jason! I'm guilty of being a lurker too, so I'm glad you made the leap and left a comment. ;) Have you heard of Chelsey Mach? She's a great photographer up in Alaska too. I'm off to check out your links...

Anonymous said...

Love your use of the button -- very creative and makes me want to find time to do things like this too.

Post a Comment