Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Choosing

I admit that some days I'm lucky if I take one photo, and that's the only one that gets edited and put up on the blog. Other days, I have a hard time choosing what to post. So today I'm posting several. Because I started with this...


He's 7 weeks old today. And just starting to smile in the last couple of days. So of course this is the one I'm posting.

But then we took our first trek to the park. Not as easy as you might think, and certainly not much in the realm of physical exercise (an exercise in patience, however...). I have a large double stroller (aren't they all?), and refuse to get a triple stroller just because my four-year-old doesn't like to walk. So on the walk to the park, the oldest and middle took turns walking (snail's pace when the 18-month old is walking, and just about as slow with the oldest walking because he's negotiating his next turn in the stroller the entire time) and the baby cried most of the way because apparently he didn't think a walk to the park in the middle of January was such a good idea. Go figure. We didn't stay long at the park, because there isn't much I can do to help the other kids while holding a baby and forgot my sling at home. On the way back, I finally pushed the oldest and baby in the double stroller and held the middle one on the handlebars (don't tell my pediatrician). We got a few looks.

We did make it home, and I got a couple of fun attitude pictures with the older two (in their new sunglasses), which I felt I had to include because it pretty much summed up our day.



3 comments:

amy said...

i love this. please take notes. i'm scared. and i have no idea where to put them on our walks to the park. you see, if aislyn is walking, grayson will FLIP if he doesn't GET to walk. and if grayson walks, he will run. into the street. in front of a car. like a dog. seriously.

sherri said...

I can't believe he's 7 weeks old! :( His smile is precious! So happy to check in here and see what you've posted each day. :)

Ellen said...

I know, Sherri, it makes me want to cry every second of the day! And Amy, the handlebars actually work surprisingly well. ;)

Post a Comment