Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Elmo

My firstborn didn't have a lovey, something he dragged around and slept with until it smelled and then fell apart after multiple washings. Actually, he's had many loveys - whatever object he happens to cherish at the time. Lately it's been cars (of course). He sleeps with up to ten cars in his bed, and after his birthday we had to talk him out of sleeping with his CARS tricycle. But at 2 1/2, this Elmo was the closest thing he had to a permanent lovey. He carried it every where, and slept with it, and melted if he lost it.

It just reemerged recently, and it looks pretty worn and battered - a Velveteen Rabbit. It made me a little melancholy to see it and remember him carrying it everywhere, knowing he's outgrown it now. I took a photo of Elmo now (he wouldn't even take a photo with it - he was too engrossed in his new Tokyo Mater launcher...curses to the Disney marketing department). I went to my computer and searched for that picture, the one I knew I had of him - at the zoo, with his green crocs and carrying Elmo. I think I took it on my point and shoot, and it's one of my very favorite pictures of him. Here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment