Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Family Photo Project

I love the idea I found on another photographers' blog - doing a family self portrait once a month and journaling what's going on with your family at that time. I did a monthly self portrait last year, and it was fun to document my pregnancy, but I don't know that I could keep it up. But documenting our growing family...even just using the camera on a tripod or a snapshot at the zoo...I'm going to try to do this!


Here's our current family photo, taken by Kim last weekend.

February notes:

The baby turned two months old, and I'm starting to pack up newborn clothes, which makes my heart ache since I'm no longer saving them just in case the next one needs them. No next one. :(

Speaking of firstborns, he's been sick the past several days, which means we spend the days moping around the couch with one, two or three kids hanging on me at any given time. Part of me loves him wanting to just sit and cuddle, something normally reserved for dad, but part of me is also ready to get out of the house!!

The sandwich baby, as we call her, got a booster seat for the kitchen table. It amazes me how grown up she is getting, always wanting to keep up with big brother. She's been rebelling against the high chair for a few weeks now, so we broke down and got her a booster seat of her own.

Walt got to go snowboarding last weekend, the first time in three years since he separated his shoulder snowboarding in an attempted jump/denial of his age. Fortunately this weekend he embraced being thirty-something and didn't try any stunts.

I'm struggling a little with the fact that I have so much weight to lose after this baby. At my postpartum visit, I still have left to lose what many people gain in their pregnancy, and I'm not being very successful at doing what it takes to take weight off (my own fault). Exercise? I'm not putting my newborn in a gym nursery crawling with germs, and I think I already wrote about my adventures in a small walk to the park, so needless to say that's not going to work to get my heart rate up. Diet? I tried it for a week, honest. The "postpartum diet" from Parents Magazine. For women who apparently don't need caffeine to keep them awake at the wheel and are so emotionally strong that they don't succumb to cookie dough at the end of a long day. I planned my meals, cooked...but let's be honest, my real postpartum diet looks like this: cereal and coffee, Chick-Fil-A and coke, goldfish crackers, mac & cheese for dinner and tea in the evening. Hmmm...I wonder why I can't fit into any of my old clothes!! My solution: I'm getting my hair cut Friday, and hopefully that will take the attention off my stomach! ;)

1 comment:

amy said...

love this. sweet ellen, you are just so beautiful and amaze me EVERY TIME how quickly you snap back into "normal body". i haven't seen you yet, but i bet you look fabulous. i, on the other hand, am going to have some MAJOR work to do. i have gained more with this one so far than the others, and i can definitely tell! ick. anyways, love the update. :)

Post a Comment