Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Friday, February 26, 2010

a little project for today...

I'm in love with this rocket fabric I got at Hip Stitch a while back, and had some leftover pieces from the quilt I'm making the baby (which is what I should have been sewing today), so I made a little tote (from my sketchy memory of the first class I took at Hip Stitch, although that one was reversible and a culmination of a few directions I found online). Next time I should probably follow a pattern. The handles are all wrong, and you can see my uneven stitches where I was trying to secure the handles a bit more. Oh well, I guess it isn't a terrible attempt for my first somewhat of a free hand approach to sewing.



And I was going to make it for my firstborn, but he informed me that he wanted Lightning McQueen on his bag. Of course.

2 comments:

thetoddlerwhisperer said...

awwwww...i love it!! good job!

Sherry said...

It looks great! I LOVE the rocket fabric. These are my favorite kinds of projects-- the ones done without a pattern. Beautiful!

Post a Comment