Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Monday, April 12, 2010

March's family self-portrait, late...

...even though we took it the first weekend of April. Edited (again - the first time it didn't save) to include updates on our family that I forgot...

March came in like a lion and out like a lamb for us...the month started with all three kids sick at the same time, and the baby on a neb. It ended with sunshine (most days), a new water table for the backyard, and getting out of our petri dish of a home (which I think helped alleviate some of the colds rotating around).

The oldest is going through a cheesy smile phase (see below) but seems to have turned a corner in getting along with his little sister (insert sigh of relief). Fortunately, he's always loved his baby brother, who is getting chunkier by the minute! We just packed up winter 3-6 month clothes, and packing clothes always makes me want to cry, I think because I know they aren't just going in the garage - they're going away. The middle baby is approaching two, as evident by the calendar and her little attitude - she has a mind of her own! But she's still my little cuddlebuns (is it bad to wish she'll suck her thumb and play with my hair for the rest of her life?)...

While I don't think physical spring cleaning is a reality this year, I do feel like I'm beginning to clear the cobwebs in my head a little. Winter was hard this year, with the cold weather outside and so many colds...I even went shopping last weekend with my hubby and bought a much too expensive outfit in an attempt to shed the frumpy sweats and big jeans for wedding season at least. ;)



And I'm ready for another creative exercise for the week - see here. I found many of these creative exercises in an old Simple Scrapbooks magazine, and love them. I'm almost out - anyone else have some good ideas? Anyway, this seems right up my alley at the moment...getting control of my schedule.

7 comments:

carmacarmeleon said...

I think your link unlinked.

Nice family photo! How do you see your family changing from month to month?

carmacarmeleon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ellen said...

Hmmmm...it works when I click on it? I realized I didn't post anything about our family this time, huh? Well, I'm obviously not getting more sleep this month - ha! ;)

carmacarmeleon said...

I found it. I kept clicking on "see" and not "here" ... we'll blame jet lag.

Ellen said...

or the fact that the blog link isn't a color that stands out at all!

sherri said...

You guys look wonderful! I really need a picture of my whole family. Can I recruit you? :D

Ellen said...

Of course! :)

Post a Comment