Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

when life hands you lemons...

...make peanut butter chocolate-chip cookies.



Ok, so life didn't really hand me lemons today. I didn't follow my own advice...I went to bed late last night, and then (shocker) had a hard time waking up this morning, so I was running behind this morning getting kids dressed, lunches made...then poor scheduling (on my part) of a dentist appointment made me late to pick up my son from preschool, and the two babies (who were done about an hour ago at this point) fell asleep in the car five minutes before we got there. Fortunately my friend hung out with the car while I ran in to get the oldest (thank you Beth and Michele - team effort!). But that was the nap for the day, which made for a cranky middle baby. The kids didn't want to go outside and play, so they just drove each other (and me) crazy all afternoon (and dad had a late meeting, so the rescue squad wasn't available when needed). Peanut butter chocolate-chip cookies to the rescue. Maybe not for the kids, but for mommy. ;)

Fortunately tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment