Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Friday, April 16, 2010

week in the life

Still working on my creative exercise...I'll post it here too, cause the link color is impossible in the last post:

"Our circadian rhythms are to a large extent controlled by outside factors: the rising sun, the commuter train schedule, a job's deadline, lunchtime, a client's (or child's) needs. But it is also possible that the schedule you are following is not the best for your purposes. Can you carve out some time for yourself when your energy is most efficient? Can you fit sleep to your purpose, instead of the other way around? there are probably best times to shop, to visit, to work, to relax for each one of us; the more we do things at the most suitable times, the more creative energy we can free up."

Pick out a cute notebook, journal or daily schedule. Get creative and decorate it in a way that will inspire you to actually use it! Start keeping track of your schedule and paying attention to how you use your time. For one week, program an alarm in your home or on your cell phone to go off every few hours.
When it goes off, stop and write down what you were doing and record honestly how you felt at that moment.

"Once you know what your daily life is like and how you experience it, it is easier to begin getting control over it."


Well, I have to admit that I didn't make a pretty journal - I'm just writing down my schedule (or racking my brain to remember it at the end of the day) on a piece of typing paper. I did find some fun ideas for documentation on Ali Edwards' blog. A bit too much scrapbooking for me (I was overwhelmed just looking at her plans), but if you're a slacker like me then we can just pick out a few ideas (like the little journaling cards - those are cute). And writing down what I actually do in a week is drawing my attention to some interesting patterns. I'll post some photos and explanation this weekend when I'm done. Can't wait to see who else is doing this! :)

1 comment:

amy g said...

i stinking love this. love it.

Post a Comment