Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

may 19

favorite place away from my home (and a bit of a self-portrait)...



It's hard to pick a favorite place outside my home, but at the moment I would have to say Hadley's Tea. It isn't fancy - just a little tea shop close to my house, but my hubby comes home for lunch with the kids once a week and I get to have lunch by myself at Hadley's. I usually get a mug of Buckingham Palace, maybe a warmed up scone, and stake out a comfy chair by the window. They bring it all to you on a tray, with a cute little press to squeeze the tea out of your tea bag (made of loose teas, which you can also buy there) and a little ceramic tea holder for your bag when you're done. I get an iced tea to go every day as a thank you to my sweet husband for the refreshing time by myself.

I'm a little weird about just whipping out my camera and taking photos in a store, so here I am taking one of the window display (and juggling the iced tea, wallet, camera and keys, which may explain why I lost the straw...)

3 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

I'm going to have to try this Hadley's Tea when I'm back in town! It sounds fantastic.

sherri said...

Awe, I love that you do that, and that Walt comes home so that you can take a break. ♥ Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish I had someplace like that to go and hangout at once while!

Post a Comment