Project 365
Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4

Pages

Welcome

to my project. I found myself in a bit of a rut in my photography and neglecting to take photos of my own children (the cobbler's children without shoes syndrome). So while taking maternity leave this year, I decided to stretch myself and take time to document my own family. Enjoy the journey with me...

Monday, May 3, 2010

superhero "chest" (translation: chess)


The oldest is really into chess right now...not so much playing it as setting up the board, with some direction from dad (I'm no help in this area). I'm a little worried that he's learning on a superhero chess set - will he always associate knights with The Incredible Hulk and rooks with Spider Man? I can see him playing other kids and saying, "my hulk took your spidey." Only time will tell I suppose...And yes, Captain America is the king, but I don't know who that woman is who is queen. It should be Wonder Woman! ;)

5 comments:

carmacarmeleon said...

Looks to me like she's Dr. Jean Grey, another one of the X-Men.

...and then Carm says: Hi, I'm Carmela, and I was a super-nerdy comic book kid. :)

Ellen said...

Ha! Jean Grey, of course! I still think it should be Wonder Woman (although I guess a Marvel chess set wouldn't dare include a DC superhero).

carmacarmeleon said...

Well there is that, but you're right, Wonder Woman is the queen of Superheroes.

sherri said...

And Sherri just sits and wonders what the heck you both are talking about. Oh wait, I remember Wonder Woman. ;)

Ellen said...

Sherri, you can borrow our boy dress-ups for Grant. You're welcome, Adrian! ;)

Post a Comment